Colchester Golf Club welcomes Societies on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Societies bookings will be confirmed upon receipt of a £50.00 non-refundable deposit.
Society Green Fees
- 18 Holes: £30.00
- 26/28 holes: £32.50
- 36 Holes: £40.00
In return for an enjoyable day, we would expect that all players observe certain conditions and golfing etiquette. In order to assist you we will provide you with a host for the day.
- All games to be played from the yellow tees. (Texas Scramble not allowed).
- Tee times as allocated must be adhered to.
- A list of names, handicaps and order of play is required by the club prior to commencement of play.
- Numbers to assist in booking tee times and for catering purposes must be advised a week in advance.
- A change of clothing and footwear is required for evening meals.
- Organisers are responsible for making their group aware of the etiquette, Dress Code & Rules of Colchester Golf Club.
- Please repair pitchmarks.
- Please rake bunkers.
- Please avoid slow play.
- Please do not take trollies onto the fringes of the greens.
For more information please contact the secretary.
Dress Code & Etiquette.
- Shirts: Must have collars and sleeves and must be tucked in at all times.
- Shorts: Must be tailored and knee length.
- Shoes & Socks: Golf shoes must be worn on the golf course, socks must be white, trainer socks are not allowed, socks do not need to be worn with shoes/structured sandals in the clubhouse or on the terrace.
- Other: Denim jeans, tracksuit bottoms, football shirts and flip flops are not allowed.
- Caps: Caps may be worn on the course but not in the clubhouse.
- A change of clothing and footwear is necessary for your evening meal. The clubhouse dress code is smart casual.
- Mobile phones are not permitted to be switched on within the clubhouse, or on the course. Mobile phone calls may be made from the car park area only.
- All society players are expected to have their own set of golf clubs along with suitable golf attire and footwear. They must adhere to the rules of the Club and standard golfing etiquette.
- Players are reminded of the need to ensure their equipment is secured in their vehicles when they are not on the course and that they do not leave valuables and wallets in the locker room. Daily rental lockers are available to store holdalls and valuables for £1.00. The Golf Club cannot accept responsibility for the loss, theft or damage from any cause whatsoever to any personal effects, golf equipment or vehicles left unattended in the changing rooms, car park or on the golf course.
To avoid any embarrassment, please pass these details to your fellow members.